泰戈尔:飞鸟集
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away. And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sigh.
夏天的飞鸟,飞到我的窗前唱歌,又飞去了。秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里。
Troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprints in my words.
世界上的一队小小的漂泊者呀,请留下你们的足印在我的文字里.
It is the tears of the earth that keep here smiles in bloom.
是大地的泪水,使我这里的微笑绽放。
The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who head her hands and laughs and flies away.
广漠无垠的沙漠,热烈地追求着一叶绿草的爱,但她摇摇头,笑起来,飞了开去。
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。
Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.
她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。
Once we dreamt that we were strangers. We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
忧思在我的心里平静下去,正如暮色降临在寂静的山林中。
Some unseen fingers, like an idle breeze, are playing upon my heart the music of the ripples.
隐形的手指奏响乐章,拨动着我的心弦,像一阵慵懒的微风拂过,泛起波纹荡漾。
What language is thine, O sea?
The language of eternal question.
What language is thy answer, O sky?
The language of eternal silence.
海水呀,你说的是什么?
是永恒的疑问。
天空呀,你回答的话是什么?
是永恒的沉默。
Listen, my heart, to the whispers of the world with which it makes love to you.
静静地听,我的心呀,听那世界的低语,这是它对你求爱的表示呀。
The mystery of creation is like the darkness of night--it is great.
创造的神秘,如夜间的黑暗-是伟大的。